Luang Prabang- Hanoi Cycling Adventure
Cycle Vietnam Bike– Luang Prabang cycling to Hanoi ,cycling tour starts in Luang Prabang, Lao, the acient beautiful capital to Hanoi , Vietnam has the richest and most complex ethnic make-up in the whole of South-East Asia. Biking through Vietnam and Laos we mountain bike through villages of H’mong, Tay, Dao and Xa Pho minorities, whose markets and festivals add such colour and character to the cycle tour. Our bicycle holiday includes challenging cycling and a wonderful opportunity to experience the traditional and varied lifestyles in Vietnam and Laos.
DAY 1 – ARRIVAL LUANG PRABANG (D)
Your English speaking guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel for check-in.
The rest of the day is free at leisure for you to look around the charming spiritual capital of Laos.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
DAY 2 – LUANG PRABANG – PAK MONG (B,L,D)
After an early breakfast cycle through mountainous landscape to the sleepy town of Pak Mong. Stop along the way for lunch at a local restaurant.
Cycling:70km. Total distance 110Km.
Overnight in Pak Mong
DAY 3 – PAK MONG – OUDOMXAI (B,L,D)
Today we will cycle along the road 13 passing nice scenery and ethnic minority villages of Khmu, Mhong, and lowland Lao. Enjoy a simple lunch on the way, arrive Oudomxai where you will spend the night
Cycling:70km.Total distance 180Km.
Overnight in Oudomxai
DAY 4 – OUDOMXAI – MUANG KHUA (B,L,D)
After breakfast you will begin to cycle to the riverside town of Muang Khua stopping on the way for lunch at a local restaurant. In the evening take in the mountainous views and enjoy dinner in a local restaurant overlooking the Nam Ou River. A short transfer is required.
Cycling:70km.Total distance 110Km.
Overnight in Muang Khua
DAY 5 – MUANG KHUA – MUANG MAI (B,L,D)
Today you will cycle to border with Vietnam. Stop for lunch in Muang Mai. On arrival at the border you Vietnamese team will be waiting to transfer you to Dien Bien Phu.
Overnight in Dien Bien Phu
DAY 6 – DIEN BIEN – TUAN GIAO (B,L,D)
After a hearty breakfast prepare of yet another captivating adventure. Today’s ride is gentler than the past three days and undulates through quite back roads, picturesque gorges, and ends with a gradual downhill toward the town of Tuan Giao.
Overnight in Tuan Giao.
(Cycling distance: 81km)
DAY 7 – TUAN GIAO – SON LA (B,L,D)
Today’s fantastic ride features the most breathtaking scenery of the entire journey. Following a short warm up, there is a challenging 12 kilometerclimb followed by a coasting 14 kilometer descent. As you pedal onwards, pass through Thuan Chau town, home to the White Hmong hilltribe people whose customary black headdress and pink tassels are still worn today.
Overnight in Son La.
(Cycling distance: 90km with some transfers necessary)
DAY 8 – SON LA – MOC CHAU (B,L,D)
This morning start from the hotel by bike with a gradually uphill through lush, terraced rice paddies against a backdrop of jagged limestone cliffs. The ride is less hilly than yesterdays, but no less spectacular. Stop for lunch in the town of Yen Chau before continuing on to Moc Chau, your final destination today. This town is situated at an elevation of 1000m and is renowned for its banh sua (milk cake) and tea products.
Overnight in Moc Chau.
(Cycling distance: 121km)
DAY 9 – MOC CHAU – MAI CHAU (B,L,D)
Another spectacular day of cycling awaits, the majority of which is downhill! Enjoy an easy morning riding across a plateau of tea plantations and peach orchards and cycle on narrow, quiet back roads as you ride into a region predominantly populated by Thai minority cultures. This beautiful valley, home to the village of Pom Coong, will be your home for the night. Experience the traditional culture and way of life of these hilltribe people with an overnight homestay. Enjoy a delicious home-cooked dinner, taste some of the country’s finest rice wine and be entertained by a local dance performance.
Overnight in Mai Chau.
(Cycling distance: 67km)
DAY 10 – MAI CHAU – HOA BINH – HANOI (B,L,D)
This final day of cycling is one of the most memorable. Start with an 800m ascent before cruising down into the town of Muongkhen. Continue to pedal along on the way to Hoa Binh City, the ending point of your cycling journey. After a local lunch, trade in your bike for a 2.5 drive back to Hanoi where the afternoon is at your leisure until heading to a fabulous restaurant for a farewell dinner.
Overnight in Hanoi. End of sevice
(Cycling distance: 66km)
- English speaking biking guide include eating with clients for all meals mentioned in the itinerary (2 for group from 10 pax). Biking guides are first aid qualified and can maintain bikes. Their role is to deliver a safe and enjoyable tour to the clients, they manage the group, co ordinate the driver and support vehicle, buy snacks and fruit along the way, look out for clients needs. They are cultural guides as well as pure biking.
- Private air-conditioned vehicles for transfers and support until drop off at the hotel in Hanoi.
- Bottled drinking water for cycling day as itinerary. (5 liters per person per day)
- Snack, soft drinks, ice fresh fruits and refresher tissues for cycling day as itinerary.
- Meals in local restaurants and home stay as mentioned in the itinerary. (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Welcome dinner on day 1 at Wild Lotus restaurant and farewell dinner in Hanoi at Au Lac House (or equivalent)
- All entrance fees and permits
- Basic First Aid kit
- Accommodation twin sharing room standard hotel with daily breakfast
- Home stay accommodation are in stilted dormitory style room and include bedding, sheets, blankets, pillows, and mosquito net
- Local bike hire including helmet, water bottle, transport of bikes, and spares